The job is going good. Still very slow progress in the actual ‘doing’ my job. But it’s getting better.
This may not be my long-term career and I am ok with that. But while I am here I have to say I am blessed. Here are my blessings:
- Slow progress is a good thing. Slow and steady wins the race and it gives me time to really learn the job and shine.
- No Stress: I walk out the office door and the job stays there. No a lot of people can say that.
- It’s paying the bills. May not have any extra but I am blessed to have my needs met.
- Not a big commute. I drive less than 30 minutes one way and only on the freeway for 2 miles. Got to love that.
- Close to home and family.
- No weekends. This is the first job I have had that started out with no weekend work.
- The hours are great. Normal working hours during the day.
- Medical benefits. They may not be great but they get the job done.
- Attire: Dress casual. I couldn’t afford a brand new wardrobe, but was able to afford the clothes I needed.
- No contact with the everyday public. That’s something new for me. Kind of like it.
- No more customer service phone calls with crazy people.
- Vacation time already started. I didn’t have to wait 6 months to a year to have time off.
- No headset glued to my ears for 8 hours a day.
- Fast paced but very doable.
- Different type of work environment. This gives me the opportunity to handle something new.
- Making a few new friends.
- Opportunities to learn new things.
I am very blessed to have this job. It may be awkward at times but the blessings outweigh the awkwardness. Who knows what the future holds for me but I continue to find the blessings in everything in my life.